Jesus Appears to His Disciples

Sunday, April 20, 2014

#Jesus #Appears to His #Disciples

19 On the evening of that first day of the
week, when the disciples were together, with
the doors locked for fear of the Jewish
leaders, Jesus came and stood among them
and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he
said this, he showed them his hands and side.
The disciples were overjoyed when they saw
the Lord.
21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As
the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
22 And with that he breathed on them and
said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you
forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven;
if you do not forgive them, they are not
#forgiven.”

Jesus Appears to #Thomas

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus [ a] ),
one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples
when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples
told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail
marks in his hands and put my finger where
the nails were, and put my hand into his side,
I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the
house again, and Thomas was with them.
Though the doors were locked, Jesus came
and stood among them and said, “Peace be
with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put
your finger here; see my hands. Reach out
your hand and put it into my side. Stop
doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my
God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have
seen me, you have believed; blessed are those
who have not seen and yet have #believed.”-John 20:19:29

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind
you of the gospel I preached to you, which
you received and on which you have taken
your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved,
if you hold firmly to the word I preached
to you. Otherwise, you have believed in
vain.
3 For what I received I passed on to you as
of first importance[a ]: that Christ died for
our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that
he was buried, that he was raised on the
third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and
that he appeared to Cephas, [b ] and then to
the Twelve. 6 After that, he
appeared to more than #five
#hundred of the brothers and
sisters at the same time, most of
whom are still living, though some have
fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James,
then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he
appeared to me also, as to one abnormally
born.
9 For I am the least of the apostles and do
not even deserve to be called an apostle,
because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am,
and his grace to me was not without effect.
No, I worked harder than all of them—yet
not I, but the grace of God that was with
me. 11 Whether, then, it is I or they, this is
what we preach, and this is what you
believed.- 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
HAPPY EASTER

Follow Me on :
Twitter.com/TwityChristine
Instagram : @TwityChristine
TwityChristine.tumblr.com
twitychristine.blogspot.com
#Lent #HolyWeek lent2014 #Christ #Jesus
#Lord#HolyBible #God #Grace #HolySpirit
#Faith #Christian #Life #Scripture #Holy
#Prayer #Amen #Pray #cross #Easter
#Church #GoodFriday #Disciples Happy
Easter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Get your Lent Study Book “Daily Bread for Lent”

Get your Lent Study Book “Daily Bread for Lent”
Spent your next forty days with Book “Daily Bread for Lent”. On this solemn season of Lent being rooted and grounded in the Love of God.

Get your Advent Study Book "Celebrating The Season Of Advent "

Get your Advent Study Book "Celebrating The Season Of Advent "
Let’s celebrate the season of Advent with rooting and growing in faith and love.

Old Post

Blog Archive