Lent – Day 18 – Bible Study

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Lent – Day 18 – Bible Study


Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths…- Psalm 25
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Colossians 3:13 "Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye."

Don't let your accuser control your emotions and don't even let your anger control you! Every time you lose control and let negative emotions control you, you lose control over your life and become disconnected. Ephesians 4:26 "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:" We are living in the fallen world, don’t expect everyone to understand you! In Today’s reading, Matthew 18:21-35 we learn to forgive.

Holding grudge against someone will makes your heart bitter n the pain of living with bitterness and unforgiveness can poison your soul and destroy you; believe me my friend it’s effects even on you look!! Happy heart is like medicine to body. When we forgive others, we are not saying what they did was OKAY, but we are releasing them to God and letting go of it's hold on us. Letting go of grudges and bitterness can make way for improved health and peace of mind. We will all suffer at some time. While it is never pleasant, both history and the Bible show that suffering can, in the end, produce good. Often in the midst of suffering, people become self-centered. We are worried about our future; we are worried about what people think. Scripture declares the best remedy for going through suffering is to become a Christ-centered people. We are to have our eyes centered on Christ. “Remember the Lord.”. You will forgive people easily, if you know you have been forgiven. 1 Peter 4:1–6 “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.”

Christ suffered on the cross for our salvation Read Psalm 22:1-21 , Matthew 5:44 “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Remember, Jesus prayed that his murderers. If you are suffering for Doing Good, YOU ARE BLESSED Read 1 Peter 3:8-22 Christians still suffer as we wait for Jesus to return, John 15:18-27  If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. Be an example for your children, they do not follow your teaching but, they will follow your examples. Be the light.


Matthew 18:21-35
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times but, Until seventy times seven.
23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.


Forgive and you will be forgiven. Matthew 6:14 In This parable, we hear a familiar parable about forgiveness and its  very importance in our lives. When someone causes us suffering and pain, forgiveness may be the last thing on our minds. However, it’s not easy! But see this as the opportunity to reflect on our humanity and we are shown where we need our Lord the most. Surely, we would not be able to forgive wholeheartedly without God’s endless mercy and grace, and we would never experience the peace he longs for us to have. So let us pray for the strength to forgive and be more like Christ.
Lord God,
I trust in you today.
I thank you that you keep turning the pages of my life. Everyday you give me a new beginning.
Help me to ride each new wave of temptation, and to overcome the things that can drag my life down. As I look to you I declare your promise of freedom over my life.
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.. Amen.


1 Peter 3:8-22
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ
22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Psalm 25:4-9
Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
6 Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
8 Good and upright is the LORD therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9 The meek will he guide in judgment and the meek will he teach his way.

Psalm 22:1-21
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?  why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in thee they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying,
8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
10 I was cast upon thee from the womb thou art my God from my mother's belly.
11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
12 Many bulls have compassed me strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16 For dogs have compassed me the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me they pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I may tell all my bones they look and stare upon me.
18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD O my strength, haste thee to help me.
20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
21 Save me from the lion's mouth for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

We all sinned n deserve GOD’s judgment, but our loving FATHER, GOD sent HIS only begotten SON to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in HIM. JESUS, our LORD who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that HE died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buries n rose from the dead according to the Holy Bible. If you truly believe n trust in your heart, receiving JESUS alone as your SAVIOUR, declaring (by Baptism) JESUS is The LORD n SAVIOUR, you will be SAVED from the judgment n spend ETERNITY with GOD in HEAVEN…. In The name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.. Amen


Add me on G plus

#GOD, #GODALMIGHTY, #JESUS, #CHRIST, #HOLYGHOST, #HOLYSPIRIT, #YESUA, #YHWH, #ALMIGHTY, #TRINTY, #ONEGOD, #CHRISTisOurRedemption, #Massiah, #Redeemer, #Savoir, #Joshua, #GospelOfGrace, #ThankGod, #Believe, #religion, #BlessedSunday, #Rest, #FatherGOD, #GOD, #Almighty, #YHWH, #ThankGod, #LORD, #CHRIST, #JESUS, #HOLYGHOST, #HolySpirit, #HolyTrinity, #Rest, #FatherGOD, #YASHUA, #Massiah, #Redeemer, #Savoir, #Joshua, #GospelOfGrace , #CHRISTisOurRedemption, #Amen, #HolyBible, #KJV, #Christian, #Grace, #Blessed, #LOVE , #FAITH, #Salvation, #Prayer, #BibleVerse, #Peace, #Bible, #Scripture, #BibleStudy, #Believe, #Forgiven, #Wisdom, #HolyWeek, #Amazing , #Rapture, #Prophecy, #Church, #BibleScripture, #Christisourredemption, #Encouraging, #Quote, #DailyBibleVerse, #TakenUp, #wordsofwisdom, #SavedByGrace, #Gospel, #NewTestament, #Inspiration, #Grace, #Bible, #Blessed, #Fast, #SAVIOUR, #Saved, #Redeemed, #Nature, #Beautiful, #Graphicdesign, #blogger, #New, #Life, #HEAVEN, #NEWJERUSALEM, #Believe, #Gospel, #Truth, #Bibleverse , #Reading, #HeavenlyFather, #GodsLove, #HeavenlyHost, #Baptism, #Baptiszm, #Pray, #KingofKings, #LordofLords, #Heaven, #forever, #glorytoGod, #Beautiful, #Animation, #GIF, #Graphicdesign, #blogger, #New, #Life, #prophecy, #Jesussaves, #FatherGod, #cornerstone, #turntoHim, #mustwatch, #Israel #Jesuslovesyou, #thankyouJesus, #everlastinglove, #Saviour, #Redeemer, # #RoshHashanah, #Israel, #HolyCity, #LastDays, #EndTimes, #KJV, #HOLYBIBLE, #BessedSunday, #worship, #YAWEH, #YHWH #praise, #happiness, #quoteofthedaythe, #takebacktherainbow, #rainbow, #naturallaw, #reason, #scripture, #Anglican, #catholic, #postivevibes, #motivation, #positivity, #inspiration, #Jesussaves, #saved, #jerusalem, #bethlehem, #christianliving, #Jesus, #spiritual, #marriage, #realtalk, #couple, #advice, #Godisgood, #Godisgreat, #loveGod, #deus, #Jesuschrist, #Commandment, #Life, #world, #Spiritual, #Knowledge, #talk, #teamjesus, #dios, #Jesusislord, #Jesuslovesyou, #ArmourofGOD, #Armour, #Shield, Sword, #Crown, #King, Knight, Soldier, #ArmyOfGOD, LORDsaviour, #Ephesians6:10-20, #Godsgrace, #bornagain, #Gospel, #saviour, #redeemer, #paradise, #promise, #soul, #instafaith, #lifestyleofachristian, #quote, #biblegram, #christianquotes, #christkingdom, #Blog, #Blogger, #Christianity, #Saved, #Forgive, #Grace, #Mercy, #TheKingdomeOfGOD, #KINGDOMEofGOD, #HEAVEN, #FruitOfTheSpirit, #HolyCommunion #LORDsSupper #InstaChristian, #Jesusdaily, #Jesuscalling, Messianic, #JesusSaves, #Godly, #People, #worldly, #LOVE , #FAITH, #Salvation, #Prayer, #Christian, #Forgiven, #Wisdom, #HolyWeek, #Amazing , #Rapture, #Prophecy, #Church, #BibleScripture, #Christisourredemption, #Encouraging, #Quote, #DailyBibleVerse, #TakenUp, #wordsofwisdom, #SavedByGrace, #Gospel, #NewTestament, #Inspiration, #Grace, #Bible, #Blessed, #Fast, #SAVIOUR, #Saved, #Redeemed, #Nature, #Beautiful, #Graphicdesign, #blogger, #New, #Life, #HEAVEN, #NEWJERUSALEM, #Believe, #Gospel, #Truth, #Bibleverse , #Reading, #HeavenlyFather, #GodsLove, #HeavenlyHost, #Pray, #KingofKings, #LordofLords, #Heaven, #forever, #glorytoGod, #scripture, #Anglican, #TheKingdomeOfGOD, #KINGDOMEofGOD, #HEAVEN, #FruitOfTheSpirit, #HolyCommunion, #LORDsSupper, #Christianity, #Jews, #Israel, #JesusisLord, #JOSHUA, #Revelation, #Redemption, #Judgment, #HolyLand, #GodsWord, #Sabbath, #Evangelicals, #TheGospel, #rapture, #Easter, #Christmas, #lastdays, #Biblical, #EndTimes, #EndofDays, #Oldtestament, #NewTestament, #Prophecies, #Millennium, #Bibleprophecy, #keepfaith, #Tribulation, #SecondComing, #HearingGod, #JesusIsTheLight, #amazingword, #GotJesus, #Christianfollowback, #Followback, #Instagram, #Twitter, #Facebook, #Tumblr, #ello, #Google, #christianblogger, #christiangirl, #christianliving, #christianwoman, #truth, #choosejoy, #Godslove, #GodlovesYou, #devotional, #seekHimfirst, #shereadstruth, #morningprayer, #wellwateredwomen, #goodmorninggirls, #readthroughtheBible, #butfirstJesus, #womenintheword, #womenoftheword, #biblestudy, #coffeeandJesus, #powerofprayer, #intheword, #Biblestudymoments, #lampandlight, #womenlivingwell, #JESUSKING, JESUSCHRIST, JESUSMASSIAH, #noworries, #cool, #awesome, #teamJESUS, #Kids, #LEssion, #Share, #Idea, #Creator, #savior, #Church, #YouthGroup, #Blessed, #BlessedSunday, #weekend, #comment, #like, #Covenant, #world, #News, #FatherGOD, #thankyouJesus, #everlastinglove, #awesome, #teamJESUS, #Kids, #LEssion, #Share, #Idea, #Creator, #savior, #Church, #YouthGroup, #Blessed, #BlessedSunday, #weekend, #comment, #like, #Covenant, #world, #News, #angels, #cross, #word, #inspiration, #heisrisen, #christfollower, #savedbygrace, #joy, #hope, #verse, #greatful, #thankful, #praisegod, #peaceandlove, #earth, #torah, #shalom, #forgiveness, #amezing, #forgive, #forgiven, #repent, #repentance, #bornagain, #faq, #Bible, #book, #letter, #Pray, #Prayer, #sinner, #Healing, #Heal, #lonely, #scared, #feelings, #feels, #anxiety, #family, #Happy, #Paecefull, #Merry, #Great, #Powerful, #Wonderful, #Arise, #shine, #star, #Sun, #Moon,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Get your Lent Study Book “Daily Bread for Lent”

Get your Lent Study Book “Daily Bread for Lent”
Spent your next forty days with Book “Daily Bread for Lent”. On this solemn season of Lent being rooted and grounded in the Love of God.

Get your Advent Study Book "Celebrating The Season Of Advent "

Get your Advent Study Book "Celebrating The Season Of Advent "
Let’s celebrate the season of Advent with rooting and growing in faith and love.

Old Post

Blog Archive